A very well-established University in New York state is seeking a dual vascular trained neurosurgeon to join its growing program. The successful candidate will work closely with the Chairman of Neurosurgery and current vascular neurosurgeons. Physician-scientists are enthusiastically encouraged to develop their interests. Basic science, clinical and translational research are all very well-supported and collaborative opportunities are available. Opportunities to do general neurosurgery are available, or the position can be full-time endovascular and cerebrovascular.
This is a terrific opportunity to walk into a very busy vascular practice that continues to grow through strategic affiliations with regional healthcare systems. The hallmarks of the program are the collaborative relationships among faculty members and the coordination of neurosurgical services throughout the community. Candidates will find a tremendous level of cooperation and support by neurosurgical colleagues, and a lack of competition from local neurosurgeons and interventionalists.
• Bi-Planer Suite available and hospital currently building a hybrid OR suite;
• Vascular/Stroke call schedule will be 1:4 – no competition from neurointerventionalists or interventional neuroradiologists;
• New dedicated, 12-bed Neuro-ICU staffed by neurointensivists, neurologists and a number of other specialties;
• Block OR time available
• Research collaborations as well as protected time for research available;
• Neurosurgery Resident teaching;
• Competitive compensation package and strong demonstrated bonus potential;
• Very reasonable malpractice climate;
• Highly collegial group dedicated to team success;
• Well-established patient draw area, supported by numerous regional clinics
Located in a community that has the sophistication of a larger metro area, without the congestion or complications of a big city. Named "Best Small City" in America by Money Magazine, this city combines a cosmopolitan atmosphere with Midwestern hospitality. This city offers a terrific culinary scene includes wide-ranging, diverse ethnic flavors and many traditions in American fare. The city’s very talented chefs take advantage of the region's fresh produce. The city also offers fantastic shopping, historic settings, theatres, museums and a wide array of recreational opportunities.
|Subspecialty: Cerebrovascular, Endovascular|