A highly regarded academically affiliated hospital system in the Mid-Atlantic is seeking a dynamic and innovative Chief of Neurosurgery to be the medical and academic leader of neurosurgical services for two campuses: a Level II regional medical center and a healthcare system of 7 acute hospitals that serve a region of 10 counties in the state. The chief will report directly to the Chairman of the Department of Neurosurgery for the university and will collaborate with the chairs of surgical departments at the regional campuses.
* Serve as the surgical leader for the Neuroscience Service Line at two regional hubs
* Assist in the creation of a resident and/org fellowship training path in neurosurgery in new location
* Evaluate service needs at both sites, providing recommendations to the Chair
* Supervise, organize, and coordinate all clinical work and services
* Participate in strategic planning and service line development as Physician Leader
* Provide clinical care to neurosurgical patients, mostly on one campus
* Manage and mentor staff to meet core values of quality and safety, caring and listening, dignity and respect, excellence and innovation, and responsibility and integrity
* Supervise the APPs supporting neurosurgery
* Perform outreach activities to promote and advance the service regionally
* The city offers proximity to rich amenities while providing a suburban feel. Residents enjoy a historic downtown, an abundance of shopping and dining, a farmers market, and diverse and highly-rated public schools. The area offers one of the country's most affordable housing markets and a cost of living below the national average, providing excellent quality of life and opportunities for families. Big-city weekend getaways are close by: New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore and D.C. are a few hours away by car.
I'm interested in this position
|Subspecialty: General Neurosurgery, Spine|
Ready to talk with our recruiting specialists?
Meet UsIn Person
Contact Us:By Email
Chat with us:
Use the Chat / Help Button below