A merger of two reputable hospital located just outside of Seattle are searching for an Epileptologist with strong leadership skills to oversee and further develop the newly created program as Medical Director. The selected candidate will be joining 15 other neurologists between two sites.
This strategic joint venture is structured to serve the growing and dynamic urban community. The teams will have a collaborative and innovative approach in building the program. The ideal candidate will have a system of care, team-based approach to guiding multidisciplinary teams in implementing evidence-based practice for best patient care aligning with the mission, vision, and values of the alliance.
A neurologist with subspecialty training in epilepsy and neurophysiology would be well supported in this role. An ideal candidate would have a strong background in patient care, teaching, and a desire to foster research in a collaborative, patient-centered model. Those with an MPH or MBA would also be ideal fits for this role, though it is not required.
• 667 beds across both care sites
• Level 3 trauma center
• 4-Bed Epilepsy Monitoring Unit
• Shared Call Schedule
• Even split of time between two campuses, Hospital (inpatient/OR), and admin
• Supported by 3 epileptologists and a functional neurosurgeon
• Opportunities for clinical research and advancing surgical interventions
• Experience with brain-mapping would be very desirable for the program, as well
• Support from ARNPs, and PAs, both surgical and non-surgical, clinic and hospital based
• Ample financial support from both institutions for building the program
• A catchment area of close to 1 million
With both care sites being less than 15 miles from a major city, this makes a great fit for someone looking for big city living. Nationally recognized as one of the most livable cities in the US, this location is great for families, offering extensive local and private
school options. This location is continually growing in both health-systems and high-profile companies alike, making this a cultural hub in the Pacific Northwest.
Access to large metropolitan area
Attractive schedule options available
Excellent schools nearby
Leadership role available
Near lakes and gorgeous natural areas
No or low trauma call
Particularly patient focused
Well organized and managed practice
|Subspecialty: Epilepsy, EEG|
|Compensation: $350,000 - $400,000|