Highly-Regarded Academic Medical Center in the Mid-Atlantic has an opportunity for two General Neurosurgeons at a regional medical center in a centrally-located Mid-Atlantic city. Support for both experienced neurosurgeons and new graduates is available.
The new general neurosurgeons will be employed by the regional medical center, but will also be part of the faculty at the academic institution. The hospital is hiring to backfill a retiring neurosurgeon.
* 224-bed, acute care hospital that joined academic program in 2016
* Accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities
* Level 2 trauma center but call is very light
* Heart & Vascular Institute
* BrainLab Navigation, C-Arm, and O-Arm. Budgeting for new neuro equipment available.
* 24-Hour Emergency Department
* No trauma designation, mostly elective cases
* One of 750 awarded an “A” for its commitment to keeping patients safe and meeting the highest safety standards in the U.S. by the Leapfrog Group
* Neurosurgeons work closely with a multidisciplinary team of clinical professionals, including anesthesiologists, neurologists and rehabilitation specialists
* 80/20 spine practice
* 10 days/call per month - call is very light and consultative. Rare for the neurosurgeons to come in at night, and less than 3 calls/week at night.
* Curve Image Guided Surgery
* 8 Airo Mobile Intraoperative CT
* 6 Neuro-APP's help with patient rounding, clinic, OR, and 7am to 7 pm call
* Clinical faculty appointment available
Located in proximity to Philadelphia, NYC and Baltimore, the city is situated in an area rich in outdoor recreational opportunities and offers a thriving arts & cultural scene. Residents live in an affordable city with a vibrant downtown in a scenic valley with lush waterways, offering hiking, biking, hunting and fishing. Families benefit from diverse and top-rated schools.
|Subspecialty: General Neurosurgery|