A level II trauma center has an opening for a general neurosurgeon to join the team. Interests in neurosurgical oncology within the context of a general neurosurgery opportunity will be well supported.
Ample volume exists here as a neurosurgeon is leaving the area for family reasons. The hospital is a comprehensive stroke center and has been designated as a Blue Distinction Center for spine by Blue Cross and Blue Shield. The medical center has also received an “A” rating by Leapfrog Group for patient safety.
As part of a physician service agreement, the new hire will join a multi-specialty practice of two neurosurgeons, two interventional pain physicians and two nurse practitioners.
Strong support by hospital leadership and staff as well as the neurosurgery partners is ready and waiting! Funding has been earmarked for marketing efforts and a physician liaison will be partnered with the new hire to introduce referring physicians, set up lunch and learns, and other marketing endeavors. Mentorship will be readily available for new grads. The physicians work very well together; the practice provides a cohesive and team-inspired culture.
• Call will be 1:3, PAs take first call.
• 70/30 mix of spine and cranial work to start with a strong opportunity to grow the cranial component to 40-50%.
• Two neurological oncologists on staff.
• APPs first assist, round and assist in clinic.
• Dedicated Neuro-ICU with eight beds along with a 10-bed step down unit.
• Strong neurotrauma and neuro-intensivist team.
• Two dedicated neuro/spine suites.
• Dedicated neuro nursing team.
• Terrific equipment including two O-Arms, new Stealth navigation system and three new Jackson tables.
• 125 cases anticipated in year one with more than 250 once established.
• Overhead paid by hospital, attractive Base plus RVU plus call pay compensation structure!
A bedroom community of a large California metro, this city is home to more than 200,00 residents. The downtown area is vibrant with restaurants, shops, bars, coffee and teahouses, art studios and live music. The city offers a warm hometown feel with access to all necessary amenities. The public schools have a great reputation, and there are a variety of private schools from which to choose. Beautiful neighborhoods are abundant with parks around every corner. Its location is perfect for outdoor enthusiasts, given its proximity to many national treasures!
|Subspecialty: General Neurosurgery|