Hospital in large Midwestern city is seeking an ABNS BE/BC functional neurosurgeon to join their two current neurosurgeons in practice. The new neurosurgeon will walk into existing volume. Mentorship is available for new grads. This is a tremendous opportunity to capture the functional cases that are leaving the area. Call will be 1:3 and only at one hospital. Clinic is located on hospital campus. 3 APPs assist in the OR and in clinic. The goal is to eventually be a group of 4 neurosurgeons.
This is a 451-bed Level II Trauma center that is 100% at capacity during the winter and 80% at capacity the rest of the year. They have a 42-bed open ICU and a 14-bed Neuro ICU. The hospital has an excellent reputation and is financially very strong. The medical staff is very happy including an experienced and competent ER group that maintains collegial and respectful relationships with the surgeons. The hospital has a medical draw of 315,000 with 20% growth occurring in last 5 years. The neurosurgery practice has a well-established referral base from its 60+ loyal, employed primary care group, 7 neurologists, as well as 25+ independent primary care doctors. The practice manager has been with the group for more than 25 years. Updated quality OR equipment including MRI, CT and O-Arm and Stealth 8 Navigation.
- Someone with functional interests is welcomed, they employ a movement disorders neurologist and are recruiting an epileptologist. DBS cases are being shipped out and can be captured
- Call schedule of 1 in 3, overnight calls are sparse and very consultative in nature with hospitalists taking first call
- Level II Trauma Center with less than 5% trauma cases
- New neurosurgeon will be assisted by neurosurgery’s NP and part-time PA who will be available to assist in the OR, during rounds, and to see patients in clinic
- No pediatric coverage, pediatric cases to be sent to Children’s Hospital
- Anticipated first year case volume of 200+ cases
This major city has a population of more than 2 million and growing! It is a dynamic city with a vibrant arts scene, world-class attractions including two major league sports teams and an eclectic mix of shops. Some of the premier art attractions include a Museum of Art, the renowned Center for the Performing Arts, an Art District and a Museum of Contemporary Art. There are a multitude of shopping venues and the suburbs are beautiful and offer an easy commute into the city. The area has several excellent private and public school options, and the public schools are well funded and supported by taxpayers. The city boasts one of the lowest costs of living in the country with a reasonable housing market. Take in a major league ball game with the city NBA or NFL team.
Access to large metropolitan area
Particularly patient focused
Well organized and managed practice
|Subspecialty: Functional/Epilepsy/Pain/Periph. Nerve|