A premier private practice in Michigan is hiring two general neurosurgeons to join their group of four neurosurgeons. In addition to general neurosurgery and spine, endovascular and functional neurosurgery subspecialty interests can be well-supported. This is a collegial, entrepreneurial, well-established group with a terrific reputation. The new neurosurgeon can anticipate seeing 300 cases in year one. There are strong primary care networks both from independent practices and from two of the area’s hospital networks.
As part of their physician service agreement, the group primarily admits to a 208-bed level II trauma center. The hospital has recently aligned with an academic medical center, and together with the private group, they have made a commitment to expand the scope of neurosciences at the hospital to build a neurosurgery center of excellence. The hospital has been named as a Top 100 hospital by Thomson Reuters, three years in a row and Best Acute Care Hospitals and Top 100 Quality awards from Total Benchmark Solutions.
• An 80/20 case mix of spine and cranial is expected with additional cranial cases anticipated as the development of the functional program expands
• General Call will be 1:7 as shared with another group in town. Call is primarily consultative. Endovascular call will be 1:3
• Block OR time available
• Latest technology is available including O-Arm
• 2 Epileptologists are in the area, another is being recruited currently
• The hospital is also currently recruiting movement disorders neurologists
• PAs employed by practice and take first call. They assist in surgery and in clinic.
• Practice is currently participating in clinical trials
• 2 year guarantee plus RVU bonus and call pay; 2 year track to partnership
• Research opportunities available
• Adjunct Faculty appointment opportunity
• Ancillary opportunities for income will be available
The West Coast of Michigan is a beautiful place to live and play! This city with a metro population of 600k has been rated the #3 city in the US for fun and recreation. Arts and culture abound and minor league team sports are alive and vibrant all year long. The beautiful sugar-sand beaches of Lake Michigan are only 30 minutes away from downtown and offer gorgeous hikes, dune riding or relaxing at tons of state parks. This city is a great place to raise a family. There are excellent public schools and a wide range of great private schools. Choose a lifestyle or live in the affordable suburbs, the various neighborhoods offer something for everyone! Detroit is 2.5 hours away and Chicago is 3 hours away.
Excellent schools nearby
Near lakes and gorgeous natural areas
Well organized and managed practice
|Subspecialty: Endovascular, Functional/Epilepsy/Pain/Periph. Nerve, General Neurosurgery|