A regional medical center in the Midwest is seeking a BE/BC neurosurgeon to join their community and work collaboratively with the community’s established neurosurgeon as well as their new neurosurgeon starting in 2021. There is a significant community need for elective neurosurgical cases.
The medical center provides care to 22 counties offering comprehensive care in a variety of specialties. The hospital recently applied for Level 2 trauma designation and is the central care facility for 8 surrounding hospitals.
• Both neurosurgeons are booked out 60+ days, and current outmigration volume of ~35-40%. New neurosurgeon will walk into immediate volume and mentorship is available for younger candidates
• Strong case mix including simple and complex spine, general neurosurgeon, and trauma
• State-of-the-art equipment including Medtronic Stealth Navigation, MRI, CT, C-
• Hospital employed position offering attractive base salary, wRVU productivity bonus, overhead and PA support.
• 1:3 call schedule
• Primary service area of 250,000 in 8 counties and secondary service totals 22 counties with population of 400-500,000 depending on season/tourism
• Block OR time in 8-10 hour blocks available for new neurosurgeon
This is truly an outdoor paradise within the heart of the Great Lakes boasting access to beautiful fishing villages, waterways and beaches. Residents and visitors enjoy a myriad of outdoor activities year round, including cycling and hot air balloon rides in the summer months, and hockey, skating and sledding during the colder months.
The area has an excellent school system and is a wonderful community to raise a family. The area enjoys a very favorable temperature year-round with average highs of mid-70's and lows of 30's. The community is also within a reasonable drive of many larger Midwest cities.
Above market compensation package
Leadership role available
Near lakes and gorgeous natural areas
|Subspecialty: General Neurosurgery|